Thursday, August 22, 2013

Steamed Tofu in Spicy Sauce

Steamed tofu is one of the easiest dish to prepare and tofu is my favourite food! Lately, I like to eat steamed tofu in spicy sauce. I'll show you how to make it!


I happened to find the Mama Sita's Caldereta spicy sauce mix and extremely love it! It's very useful to marinate meat, cook stew or even make gravy!!! I use this sauce in my steamed tofu and it tastes very good!!!


 Ingredients:

+ 1 silky soft tofu.
+ Minced meat.
+ Chopped garlics, chillies, mushrooms, carrots...(Up to your own preference)
 Cooking:

+ Put tofu in a bowl, sprinkle some Mama Sita's Caldereta spicy sauce mix onto the tofu, add a bit of light soya sauce then steam the tofu.

+ While tofu is steaming, heat oil in a pan, toss in chopped garlic and stir until fragrant, add in mushrooms, carrots, followed by minced meat and chillies last. Add Mama Sita's Caldereta spicy sauce to taste. Add a little water and corn starch to make the gravy. Pour on top of steamed tofu! Serve and enjoy!!!




No comments: