Tuesday, March 05, 2013

DIY upcycle T-shirt

My current hobby is upcycling Lg's old T-shirts into trendy pieces! All his T-shirts are so huge that I can just cut and design into any shape and size!!!


Tada! Before and after DIY! From a T-shirt, it became a fringe dress!


This is the back! It's a braided back! I'm about to share how I did it! Before starting, prepare what you need, which are a pair of scissors, sewing kit and some patience!


Cut out both sleeves and downsize the shirt by cutting both sides of it. After cutting to your desired shape, sew back all the open seams! To make the braid at the back, cut as many strips as you want, as shown in the picture. Now start to braid!



Braiding is easy! Cross the second strip over the first one then the third over the second and so on, until you finished braiding all the strips! When you're done with braiding, sew the last strip to the shirt to secure the braid. Now, continue with designing the shirt by cutting out the collar at the back, as shown in the last picture.


Add a ribbon just below the braid to hold up the loose material, also to create the waist line. The last step is to create fringes at the bottom! Cut off the bottom hem then cut as many strips as you like! Slightly stretch the strips to make the fringe. Done!!!





One more DIY upcycle shirt from me!!! I love the cute print on the shirt, so I have to transform it into my favorite piece!



I did an asymmetrical look on this piece! It's a hi-lo crop top and it's very simple to make! I'll show you how!


Measure and cut the shirt into your desired size and shape! I want to have a loose fitting for this design, so I only cut a little. Fold the T-shirt into half so that you can easily cut the bottom into a half cresent. Unfold the shirt and cut the bottom front into a cropped look! Sew back all the seams and roll up the sleeves into a cute look! It's almost done here! The last step is to sew two flaps in front to tie a knot at the bottom, which helps adding structure to the piece! I hope you enjoy my tutorial! Have fun DIY!



8 comments:

passerby said...

so smart and so creative!
great job!

passerby said...

so smart and creative!
great job!

Bear Bear said...

Thanks! :)

Lisa said...

I'm going to try that. Good idea

Anonymous said...

wah impressive!! salute you.

Fion

Anonymous said...

great job!! so impressive!!
Thank you for sharing.

Bear Bear said...

Thank you guys!

Unknown said...

wow,good job,you are great,it looks very nice,I like the t shirt.