Sunday, November 20, 2011

Elephant Parade at Tangs Orchard

While shopping around Tangs, I was attracted by their glittering Christmas deco with colorful elephant statues displayed around.

I followed these elephant's path and they led me to a shop with many different painted and decorated elephants that made me go "Wow!!!"


These belong to "The Elephant Parade: the world’s largest open air art exhibition of decorated elephant statues that seeks to attract public awareness and support for Asian elephant conservation".


I initially wanted to buy some elephants to support the cause and also because I couldn't resist these pretty and unique elephants! But I was spoiled for choice by looking at so many of them, I decided to grab a book that contained most of the decorated elephant pictures and the description of artists about their inspiration of designing their artworks on the elephants.

A while later, I felt a strong liking for one particular elephant with light reflecting from it as if it was shining into my eyes. It even has a heart shape on its head that I adore!

Near to the counter I saw a little pink elephant and I bought it too!



1 comment:

Pandabonium said...

I see pink elephants when I have too much to drink. :0