Thursday, January 29, 2009

Singapore River HongBao 2009

I went to the Singapore River HongBao on day 2 of the Lunar New Year. To my surprise, it was very crowded there.

Everyone tried to squeeze onto the floating platform. This platform is usually used for the National Day Parade. I've never got the ticket for the National Day Parade, so this was my first time coming to this place.

Good afternoon Singapore!

The entrance to the Singapore River HongBao platform.

Decorated with lots of lanterns.

Happily smiling once I got onto the platform.

Lots of pretty lanterns displayed on the platform, but it was hard for me to pose with them, because it was very crowded, I told ya!

Anyone want a steak?

Or a mandarin orange?

Night view.

Firecrackers are banned in Singapore, but you can still enjoy watching firecrackers here.

God of Fortune lantern.

At 8pm every night, when the firecrackers set off, the God of Fortune would give out gold-coloured paper pieces. Everyone tried to grab as much as they can, because they believed that will bring good luck and prosperity, some people even opened their umbrellas to catch the gold flakes. I was just standing there and still lots of gold flakes dropped on my head and my dress, then I just picked them up and put in my pocket.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

wah... it has been a very very long time since i visited river angbao.. i went there almost every year when i was in my teens ! >.<

Anonymous said...

Woow, what a beautiful festive.